Rogue Trader - The Hos Dynasty
The Salvation of Svard
Type: Grand Endeavour
Goal: Bring Svard back from the brink of destruction
For dozens of generations we have been in the Koronus Expanse. We were here when the Imperium discovered its path inside, and despite our faith in the Emperor we did not bow to the pressure of the Battlefleet because we believed in the Hos Dynasty. We believed that you would return to us, and you would not find us wanting. Now you have come, and we must beg of you. Do not let us end like this – Speaker Hermiod Tal
Objective 1: Reclaim Cog
- The menial workers on Cog were reported to have rebelled, and Magos Zinoviev Tevla demands that they all be put down before the Forge Moon resumes operations.
- SUCCESS: Explorator Felicis identified the Xenos Constructs known as Crystalwisps in the facility, which led to a breakdown in trust between the Mechanicus and Svardic personnel. Once the Crystalwisps were neutralized, order was restored to the planet.
- Cog is now back under Svard control and can provide advanced manufacturing facilities to the system.
- Thousands on Svard have nobly volunteered to sell themselves into servitude to the Mechanicus in order to get the Forge Moon operational again.
Objective 2: Reclaim Kybu
The Magos Biologis moon of Kybu has gone dark, and requires investigating.
FAILED: This was not investigated. Magos Isabella Stein instituted complete biological purge of the facility for reasons unknown.
Objective 3: Reclaim the Citadel of Psykers.
- The vessel appeared to have been overrun by maddened Astropaths. Warden Mathieu Riek ordered Astropath Eckhart and the Death Bastards to join him in an assault to retake the facility.
- SUCCESS: The Wardens themselves had fallen under the sway of whatever was in the Svard system, but Eckhart brought them down before their rampage could be completed.
- The Citadel of Psykers is low on available personnel, but is still functional enough to be operational. The system feature is restored to full power.
- Warden Riek was captured alive, and shows signs of Xenotech tampering inside of his mind.
Objective 4: Reclaim Exclusion
- The Imperial Envoy had ordered the Arbites to not assist, and the bulk of their forces had withdrawn. The prisoners rebelled against being abandoned, and the Arbites Senioris was killed in the confusion. The new facility head demanded the prisoners be put to death.
- SUCCESS: Arch-Militant Caine successfully persuaded the Arbites to execute only those directly responsible for the death of the Senioris, resume their commitment to protecting Svard and release the remainder of the prisoners.
- Exclusion is now back under Svard control and providing law enforcement support to the capital.
- Many of the Svard nobility and other families are welcoming back their children, and are kindly-disposed towards the Hos Dynasty.
Objective 5: Reclaim Silence
- Cedrick Frohwein and his group of artists have gone out of contact, and the Ecclesiarchical mission as well as the ancient records of Svard must be recovered.
- SUCCESS: Whatever force murdered the artists in question has been dealt with, and the facility is now cleared of warp taint.
- Silence is now back under Svard control and its citizenry can take pride in the fine artistic merits
- The Svardic Testament of Victris Hos was discovered.
Objective 6: Reclaim the Hollow Worlds
- The only surviving Svard Mining Transport will require escorting to the Hollow Worlds so that raw materials can once more flow back into the worlds.
- SUCCESS: The In Purgatio Lumen assisted by Captain Lindsay Garret successfully defended the transport, and a sizeable load of ore was returned to Svard Prime.
- The Hollow Worlds have begun producing materials again for the populace.
- More vessels can be restored or repaired.
Objective 7: Reclaim the Promethium Installations
- The last Promethium Installation in Svard is one of the areas where the rebellion officially began, and it requires retaking so that the precious fuel can be generated for the system again.
- SUCCESS: The corrupted Imperial Envoy Nathaniel Kaal was slain, and the facility successfully reclaimed.
- Svard can once again honour its mining and refuelling contacts.
Objective 8: Discover the source of the rebellion.
Something lurks in the heart of Svard behind the rebellion. Discover it!
- SUCCESS: The Whisperer was discovered and engaged in battle by the In Purgatio Lumen and the Hand of Redemption, ultimately narrowly leading to its destruction.
- The rebellion of Svard has ended.
Reward: Improving the Output of Svard
- 7 out of 8 possible facilities successfully restored, stabilizing the system.
- Kybu is the only system not completed.
- 5 out of 8 possible facilities completed to allow a bonus to the system’s characteristics
- Kybu was not done.
- Cog did not have the possession of the workers discovered, resulting in a secondary rebellion.
- Silence did not reveal Cedrick Frohwein’s Journal until after the crisis.
- 1 out of 8 possible faciltiies failed resulting in a permanent -1 Complacency.
- Kybu again.