Rogue Trader - The Hos Dynasty
In Purgatio Lumen
Mighty Star-Flare Lance. Burning through the cold, dark void. One-Shots NPCs
- Ship Name: In Purgatio Lumen
- Class: Light Cruiser
- Hull: Dauntless Class Light Cruiser
- Speed: 7
- Manoeuvrability: +15
- Detection: +25
- Turret Rating: 1
- Shields: 1
- Armour: 19
- Hull Integrity: 31/60
- Space Used/Available: 56/60
- Power Used/Available: 57/60
- Weapon Capacity: 1 Prow, 1 Port, 1 Starboard
- Crew %: 84/100
- Morale: 89/106
- Crew Rating: 30
- Floorplan: Refer to maps section
- Jovian Pattern Class 3 Drive
- Miloslav H-616.b Warp Engine: Reduce the duration of all warp travel times by half, but roll on the Warp Travel Encounters every 3 days instead of every 5.
- Emergency Geller Field: If the ship unexpectedly enters the warp, roll 1d10. On a 3 or higher, the Gellar field automatically activates preventing Warp Intrusion.
- Jokaero Upgrade: Now counts as a Gellar-Void Integrant, and requires no additional Power.
- Repulsor Shields: Provides 1 Void Shield. Suffers no penalties when maneuvering through celestial phenomena of small particles.
- Command Bridge: While undamaged, Captain’s command tests are made at +5 and all Ballistic Skill tests are made at +5. If the ship suffers a critical hit, roll 1d10. On a 3 or higher, this component becomes unpowered.
- Clemency-Pattern Life Sustainer: Increase Morale permanently by 1. This ship reduces crew population and Morale losses from Depressurization by 4, to a minimum of 0.
- Voidsmen Quarters
- BG-15 Assault Scanners: External – All BS Tests against planetary based targets receive +5. Earn 50 Achievement Points when working towards a Military Objective
- Imposing: Gain a + 10 to all Intimidate and Command tests made aboard this vessel.
- Star Flare Lance
- Location: Prow
- Damage: 1d10 + 3
- Strength: 3
- Crit Rating: 3
- Range: 7
- Special: Archaeotech. Gets an extra hit every 2 degrees of success instead of every 3.
- Sunsear Las Battery
- Location: Port/Starboard
- Damage: 1d10 +3
- Strength: 6
- Crit Rating 4
- Range: 9
- Special: Broadsides. Must occupy Port or Starboard slot.
- Compartmentalized Cargo Hold
- Grants 100 Achievement Points toward Trade objectives.
- Orkifex’s Workshop
- Counts as a Laboratorium when manned by Orkifex
- Grants a +20 to all tests to repair, analyse, and identify ancient or xenos artefacts.
- Can be used to craft single items. Use at GM’s discretion.
- Takes 1 Space and 0 Power.
- Targeting Matrix
- Gain a +5 to any Ballistic Skill test made to fire a Macrobattery or Lance weapon on this ship.
- Increase Maximum Morale by 5.
- Xenos Librarium
- Dark Eldar collection of books on Xenos Races.
- Grants a + 10 to all Forbidden Lore Xenos checks made aboard the vessel.
- Provided you speak Dark Eldar and have time to reference the books, grants a + 10 to all trained Speak Language tests, and allows all untrained Speak Language skills to be rolled at Basic.
- Dark Eldar collection of books on Xenos Races.
- Veteran of the Angevin Crusade
- Emperor’s Crusader: All Ballistic Skill Tests to fire ship’s weapons gain a 10 bonus.
- Righteous Arrogance: The ship makes all silent running tests at a -40 penalty.
- Glorious Deeds: All crew from this ship gain a +10 bonus to all Charm and Intimidate tests provided the targets know which ship they came from (and are in a position to understand its deeds).
- Martial Hubris: The ship gains +5 to all Ballistic Skill Tests to fire its weapons, but suffers -15 on any Pilot (Space Craft) Tests made to escape combat.
- Reliquary of Mars: This ship starts with 1 Archaeotech Component (Star-Flare Lance). However due to its ancient and complex nature, it suffers a -20 penalty to any Tech Use tests made to repair it. This ship is viewed as Holy by the Mechanicus, and they may seek pilgrimage to it. Or to take it.
- Keeper of the Imperial Graces: The In Purgatio Lumen is the current relic holder of the Book of Imperial Graces, a tome penned by Saint Drusus that grants all members of this ship Peer (Ecclesiarchy) and Good Reputation (Ecclesiarchy)
- Dark Eldar Slayers – Captain Hos honoured his crew for their battle against the Promise of Agony. They receive a +3 bonus to all gunnery tests against the Dark Eldar.
- Morale Modifications: Total Modifications +6
- +1 from the Clemency-Pattern Life Sustainer.
- +5 from the Targeting Matrix.
- Achievement Point bonuses
- Trade: 100 Achievement Point Bonuses
- Military: 50 Achievement Point Bonuses
Recovered on the border between the Koronus Expanse and the Halo Stars in 826.M39, this ship was found with the Warrant of the Hos Dynasty and broadcasting the personal Salvation Beacon of the former rogue Trader Victris Hos. Apart from a single dataslate, no sign of the crew or Rogue Trader was found on board.
The vessel was identified as a warship lost during the Angevin Crusade and is possessed with a mighty Archeotech Lance Battery. With the loss of the Light of the Throne, this ship was made the personal vessel of the holder of the Hos Warrant of Trade. It is currently the vessel of Jequin Hos, claimed on his bold endeavour into the Koronus Expanse to expand his family’s influence, and cement his nascent role as the dynasty’s next Rogue Trader.