Rogue Trader - The Hos Dynasty
The Fate of His Disciples
The legend of Saint Cognatius did not end with his death, and four Missionaries in particular were so inspired by his legend that they each took up the task of converting the Koronus Expanse to the Imperial Creed. Ultimately all of them failed and were lost, but in such a way that their names echo to the present day.
- Genevieve Almace – The warrior of renowned skill and courage, she achieved perhaps the most lasting success, as all the worlds she visited still venerate the Imperial Creed to some degree, and a measure of independence. Despite her many successes, her ultimate fate was one of martyrdom. The system of Loretta was said to have completely fallen to the forces of Chaos, and Almace set out to purge the unclean. Unfortunately at the sight of these blighted worlds, all her forces but the Transport she was on abandoned her, yet she pressed onwards to the surface with a fraction of her forces. A few survivors of this reckless charge – their claim to being present at her last moments suspect – say she died slaying a Greater Daemon single-handedly, and her body and vessel have never been recovered.
- Jollus Marquette – A man of boundless eloquence and diplomacy, second only to Cognatius himself. Through persuasion and passion he brought dozens of worlds into the Imperium throughout centuries of his career. Towards the end of his life, heretics attempted to pervert his legacy and bring many of his worlds back into darkness. Despite being at the end of his extended lifespan, he nonetheless returned to his flock and managed to pull several of them back from the brink. En route to one such world, he and his crew was assassinated by unknown assailants. His ship miraculously crashed into the ocean of Asandre, where it’s said the ghosts of Marquette and his betrayers punish any of the faithless who come to loot his possessions.
- Nadine Aleynikov – The Explorer and Healer, she was said to have been in possession of a true map of the Koronus Expanse, which she used to journey to worlds never heard of, and preach the Imperial truth. She was the recipient of dozens of miracles observed by many, and was said to be touched by the Emperor Himself. Sadly on one such mission, tainted supplies began to cause a vast plague throughout her crew, and despite her fervent pledge to save everyone, she and her crew succumbed. Her last act was to preach the Imperial Truth to the world of Gildas, and that world now venerates her fleet in orbit as a Shrine to the one who brought the Truth with her last breath.
- Nicodemus Keefe – The Everharvest, he was said to be able to bring life to the most barren of worlds that he visited. His ship did not merely convert worlds, but created a population of humans who would be loyal to the Emperor. It is said that he died in the world of Foulstone, the perfidious nature of the sorcery too much even for his Blessed nature, and at last the Everharvest was laid to rest. The Order of the Hammer maintains the last fields of Keefe there, and welcome any wayfarer who needs his aide.
- As discovered, Keefe’s true resting place was on the world of Vaporious, when his vessel was sabotaged and his archeotech terraformer damaged beyond repair. He took his ship into the core of the planet to protect its people, and laid down to die. His malfunctioning vessel eventually produced the creature named Solomon Grundy who now protects the people of Vaporious. His body and belongings were recovered by the Ironmine Syndicate, and Keefe now rests in state around the rebuilt station at Foulstone.